Westminster uniquely offers mold qualification services to ensure quality and performance requirements are met. In this critical phase, we are able to debug the mold, optimize the mold for production, and develop a repeatable, scientifically proven process.
Our toolmakers can conduct mold optimization activities in a timely manner by having our Technology Center adjacent to our mold manufacturing facility. These capabilities enable our customers to get products to market faster.
Climate Controlled Technology
Our climate controlled Technology Center is equipped with three state-of-the-art all electric Toyo injection molding machines (110,150, & 300 ton presses) and offers the following capabilities and services:
- Complete mold qualification (FOT, MFAT, DC I, DC II, cpK studies, FAI)
- Certified RJG Master Molders℠I&II
- Pre-production/Bridge molding (before transfer of mold to customer – approx. 100,000 parts)
- Low volume production molding for high temperature, high performance, engineered thermoplastics-including PEEK, PBT, LCP, PAI (Torlon®) PEI (Ultem®), PBA and PPA among others. (Typically 1000-2000 parts annually)
- Secondary services: curing, sealing, testing, and part machining
- Material Characterization Equipment (moisture analyzer)
Technical design capabilities include:
- ISO 9001 & AS9100 Certification
- First Article Inspection (FAI)
- Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)
- Customer Source Control